What is the Nik Wallenda Thrill Show?
- World-record holder Nik Wallenda and his family are bringing their high-wire act to the Midway. Try not to hold your breath while you watch their daring performance high above the crowd.
- 60 feet in the air, balancing precariously on a high-wire, Nik Wallenda and his family will climb a swaying metal pole and perform acrobatics high above the Stampede Skyline.
- For their grand finale, get ready to be awed as the Wallendas ride a motorbike up the high-wire while performing acrobatics.
- Wallenda is the seventh generation of the Great Wallendas, a family whose legacy for heart stopping and awe-inspiring acts precedes it.
- Best known for his broadcasted tightrope walks across the Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls and his recently announced 396-metre walk across New York City’s Times Square, guests can expect to have their heart racing and breath held while watching Wallenda doing what only he can do, here at the Calgary Stampede.
- For more information about Nik Wallenda check out this website: https://highwirelive.com/
Where is this event held?
- In the Thrill Zone.
What’s new in 2019?
- Nik Wallenda’s personal record attempt for the longest urban high wire walk
- Walking on a wire across the park from
- ONLY ON July 8: 7 p.m. (Ignite the Night)
Dates and Schedule
July 4th 2019
July 5th 2019
July 6th 2019
July 7th 2019
July 8th 2019
Personal Record Attempt
July 9th 2019
July 10th 2019
July 11-12th 2019
July 13th 2019
July 14th 2019
Do I need a ticket to spectate?
- No. Please note this programming is standing room only. There are no bleachers. The entire show takes place up in the air, so the show is visible to anyone on the ground.
Where is the closest accessible parking?
- There are two accessible parking lots on Stampede Park. One is located south of the Erlton Gates in Lot 8 and the other is located northeast of the BMO Centre in Lot 10.
Can I bring my stroller?
Can I bring non-alcoholic beverages?
- Yes. Non-alcoholic beverages are permitted on Stampede Park and in all our venues.
Can I purchase alcoholic beverages at this event?
- No. This area is not licensed for alcoholic beverages.
Can I bring my service animal?
- Yes. Providing your service animal has the appropriate registration. Please see our service animal guidelines here.
Can I bring my camera?
- Yes. Cameras for personal use are permitted.