What is Ladies Side Saddle Racing?
- Ladies Side Saddle racing involves riders who are extremely experienced horsewomen from the Calgary area. The race hosts eight ladies each night – racing half of the track from a standing start. The ladies are riding sidesaddle and will be dressed in period appropriate dress for sidesaddle representing a range of dates in the 1800’s and early 1900’s for western Canada. It is a thrilling spectacle – harkening back to some event racing that did happen in the early years of the Stampede.
Where is Ladies Side Saddle racing?
- The Ladies Side Saddle races take place in the Grandstand following the final chuckwagon heat of the night.
- July 5 & 6, 2019, immediately following the final chuckwagon heat of the night during the GMC Rangeland Derby.
Do I need a ticket to spectate?
- Yes, the Ladies Side Saddle races are part of the GMC Rangeland Derby which is a ticketed event.
- Tickets can be purchased online, over the phone or on park.
- Ticketmaster Website
- Stampede Ticketing Team 1.800.661.1767