What are the Relay Races?
- This fast paced event will happen nighty July 9 – 12, 2018 immediately following the final chuckwagon heat of the night. Five teams will compete in a relay exchange race where each team sends one rider racing three times around the track – changing horses each lap in a chaotic exchange zone in front of the main grandstand. The winning team is the first rider across the line on his third horse.
- Watch the Relay Races from the 2017 Calgary Stampede here.
Where are the Relay Races?
- The Relay Races take place in the Grandstand as part of the GMC Rangeland Derby.
- July 9 – 12, 2018 following the final heat of the night during the GMC Rangeland Derby.
Do I need a ticket to spectate?
- Yes, the Relay Races are part of the GMC Rangeland Derby which is a ticketed event. Tickets are available at the Calgary Stampede Box Office or online at calgarystampede.com.
Will there be a line up?
- There may be a lineup when you initially enter the Grandstand building due to volume of guests arriving at once. Lineups may also occur at the washroom facilities and concession stands.
What time do I need to arrive?
- We recommend arriving at least 30 minutes prior to show time.
Is there an age restriction?
- There is no age restriction.