What are the Relay Races?
- This fast paced event will happen nighty July 9 – 12, 2018 immediately following the final chuckwagon heat of the night. Five teams will compete in a relay exchange race where each team sends one rider racing three times around the track – changing horses each lap in a chaotic exchange zone in front of the main grandstand. The winning team is the first rider across the line on his third horse.
- Watch the Relay Races from the 2017 Calgary Stampede here.
Where are the Relay Races?
- The Relay Races take place in the Grandstand as part of the GMC Rangeland Derby.
- July 7 – 11, 2019 following the final heat of the night during the GMC Rangeland Derby.
Do I need a ticket to spectate?
- Yes, the Relay Races are part of the GMC Rangeland Derby which is a ticketed event.
- Tickets can be purchased online, over the phone or on park.
- Ticketmaster Website
- Stampede Ticketing Team 1.800.661.1767