The Calgary Stampede is a fully accessible event, and we are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure all guests have access to all of our amenities. We welcome and encourage all feedback and suggestions from our guests.
For any accessibility-related questions please email us at email@example.com. Our team will respond as quickly as possible. We will do our best to make sure your experience is exceptional.
Wheelchair accessibility:All sidewalks have been modified and are wheelchair accessible. Paved pathways and ramps assist in wheelchair access to all buildings. The Big Four building has elevator access through the main entrance, on the east side of the building, while elevator access to the Grandstand building is available at the south tower.
Accessible parking: Throughout the year, we have designated accessibility parking in all parking lots. During the Calgary Stampede event in July, designated accessibility parking is available for patrons with valid permits in the following locations on a first come, first serve basis:
- Parking Lot 8 which is accessed at 25 Avenue & 2A Street SE
- BMO Centre Lot 10 which can be accessed at 12 Avenue & 3 Street SE
- Parking Lot 20 which can be accessed at 12 Avenue and Olympic Way SE
Accessible viewing areas: We offer accessible viewing areas in the following venues during Stampede:
- The Dog Bowl, located in the Stampede Corral: to access the accessible viewing area, please speak with one of our guest ambassadors in the venue. Access is available on a first come first serve basis.
- Grandstand Rodeo and Evening Shows located in the Grandstand: you must purchase your ticket in advance through the Stampede ticket office. Space is limited and is available for accessible person and one attendant.
- Nutrien Western Event Centre: to access the accessible viewing area, please speak with one of our guest ambassadors in the venue. Access is available on a first come first serve basis.
- Virgin Mobile Stampede Concert Series, located in the Scotiabank Saddledome: you must purchase your ticket in advance through Ticketmaster and indicate at the time of purchase that you require accessible seating.
- Coca-Cola Stage: has accessible seating located directly in front of the Coca-Cola Red Lounge. It is available on a first come first serve basis.
Caregiver access: Guests with disabilities who require full-time care and could not otherwise attend the Calgary Stampede without a caregiver present will receive complimentary admission for their caregiver. The guest will pay applicable admission upon entry.
Service animals: Service animals with a Service Animal Identification Card are permitted on Stampede Park.
Service animal guidelines
- All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls.
- Service animals must be house broken and handlers are responsible to clean up after their animals.
- Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damages or injury caused by the animal.
Accessible washrooms: There are a number of accessible washrooms on Park. All of our washroom facilities have accessible stalls. Should you require an accessible washroom that accommodates all genders, they are located as follows: South Skyride Washroom, BMO Centre Medical Room, Big Four Roadhouse, Grandstand Level One South, Grandstand Infield.
Wheelchair check/storage: Should you wish to enjoy some of our programming without your wheelchair, we do have locations on Park identified as Stroller Parking where your wheelchair may also be parked. It is important to be aware that these areas are not necessarily manned and leaving your wheelchair is done so at your own risk.
Mobility assistance devices: Devices such as wheelchairs (motorized or manual), three or four wheel scooters and walkers are permitted on Park for individuals who require mobility assistance. Wheeled mobility devices with less than three wheels or devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered or unoccupied are not permitted. Devices must be manually or electrically powered and operated at a walking pace.