- That pounding of hooves and trembling of the ground can mean only one thing; the world’s premier chuckwagon event has begun! Witness all the heart-stopping action over nine nightly heats as 36 chuckwagon drivers, supported by their outriders and 216 horses vie for over $1.15 million in total prize money. Races start nightly at 7:45 PM and are followed by the world-famous Grandstand Show. Get your tickets to the GMC Rangeland Derby today and discover why the Calgary Stampede Chuckwagon Races are the best in the world.
Who are the competitors?
- Competitor list is available on our website.
Do I need a ticket to spectate?
- Yes. This event requires a separate ticket outside of Stampede Park admission. Tickets are available through Ticketmaster or the Ticket Office 1.800.661.1767.
What time do I need to arrive?
- Doors open at 6:30 p.m., but the races being at 8:00 p.m. This gives a generous time window between entering the venue and finding your seats.
Is accessible seating available?
- Yes. There is an elevator located on the south side of the Grandstand in which guests with mobility issues are given priority.
Where is the closest accessible parking?
- The parking lot located south of the Erlton Gates in Lot 8.
Can I bring my stroller?
- Complimentary stroller check is available on the main level of the Grandstand.
Can I bring non-alcoholic beverages?
- Yes. Non-alcoholic beverages are permitted on Stampede Park and in all our venues.
Can I purchase alcoholic beverages at this event?
- Yes. Beer and wine will be available for purchase.
Can I bring my service animal?
- Yes.Providing your service animal has the appropriate registration.Please see our service animal guidelines here.
Can I bring my camera?
- Yes. Cameras for personal use are permitted.