- That pounding of hooves and trembling of the ground can mean only one thing; the world’s premier chuckwagon event has begun! Witness all the heart-stopping action over nine nightly heats as 36 chuckwagon drivers, supported by their outriders and 216 horses vie for over $1.15 million in total prize money. Races start nightly at 7:45 PM and are followed by the world-famous Grandstand Show. Get your tickets to the GMC Rangeland Derby today and discover why the Calgary Stampede Chuckwagon Races are the best in the world.
Who are the competitors?
Do I need a ticket to spectate?
- Yes. This event requires a separate ticket outside of Stampede Park admission.
- Tickets can be purchased online, over the phone or on park.
- Ticketmaster Website
- Stampede Ticketing Team 1.800.661.1767
What time do I need to arrive?
- Doors open at 6:30 p.m., but the races being at 8:00 p.m. This gives a generous time window between entering the venue and finding your seats.
Is accessible seating available?
- Yes. There is an elevator located on the south side of the Grandstand in which guests with mobility issues are given priority.
Where is the closest accessible parking?
- The parking lot located south of the Erlton Gates in Lot 8.
Can I bring my stroller?
- Complimentary stroller check is available in front of the Grandstand.
Can I bring non-alcoholic beverages?
- Yes. Non-alcoholic beverages are permitted on Stampede Park and in all our venues.
Can I purchase alcoholic beverages at this event?
- Yes. Beer and wine will be available for purchase.
Can I bring my service animal?
- Yes. Providing your service animal has the appropriate registration. Please see our service animal guidelines here.
Can I bring my camera?
- Yes. Cameras for personal use are permitted.