What are Midway Foods?
- The Calgary Stampede brings in vendors from all over to create tantalizing and daring foods for the midway.
What’s new in 2018?
- There are 50 new foods on the midway this year. Some of the more interesting new foods include Cricket Grilled Cheese, Prairie Oyster Balls, Cheesy Chicken Hearts, and Goat’s Head Soup.
I have allergies/dietary restrictions. Can I eat the midway food?
- We encourage guests with allergies and dietary restrictions to ask the vendor about ingredients to ensure it is safe for them to eat. Guests are permitted to bring their own food on park if they feel there is a risk of contamination. The CS Restaurants (Maverick’s, Concessions, etc.) do not use peanut oil in their cooking but there is always a risk of contamination.
- There are some gluten free and vegan/vegetarian options available in the Big Four Station.
Here are Vegetarian friendly options:
- Oreo Creamsicle Delight, Deep Fried Banana Peppers, Watermelon & Raspberry Salad, Kit Kat Fries, Pop Rocks Mini Donuts, Hot Ice Cream Donut Sandwich, Deep Fried Pineapple Rings, Frozen Chocolate Watermelon Lollipops, The Hangover Mac & Cheese, Pineapple Express Mac & Cheese, Banana Corn Dog, Naolitano Soft Pretzel, Mexican Style Street Corn, Corn in a Cup, Wrap Daddy’s Vegetarian Wrap, Avatara Pizza, Corn on the Cob by Turkey Drumsticks, Sal’s Flatbread, Greek Grill, Wat A Melon
Here are Vegan options:
- Pragery’s Almond Cone, Avatara Pizza’s Vegan Pizza, Wrap Daddy’s Vegetarian Wrap (hold cheese and sour cream), Summerland Soft Serve’s Pineapple Whip, Next Generation Concession’s Churro Fries, Corn on the Cob by Turkey Drumsticks, any lemonade by Family Squeezed, Deep Fried Banana Peppers, Greek Grill, The Smoothie Shoppe
Here are Gluten Free options:
- Los Tacos Hermanos, Wat a Melon, Watermelon & Raspberry Salad, Happy Fish’s Giant Squidward, Avatara Pizza, Frozen Chocolate Watermelon Lollipops, Sal’s Flatbread, Saltspring Noodle Bar, Oreo Creamsicle Delight
Here are Lactose Free options:
- Deep Fried Banana Peppers, Watermelon & Raspberry Salad, Corn on the Cob, Saltspring Noodle Bar, Fry Guys, Deep Fried Pineapple Rings
Will there be a lineup?
- Possibly. Some vendors will have lineups depending on item demand and preparation time. They tend to move quickly!