What is Parade Day?
- Parade Day is the official kick off to Stampede on Friday, July 6!
Where is the event held?
- The actual parade takes place in downtown Calgary. It starts at 9th Avenue and 1st Street SE at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 6th Avenue and 1st Street SE at around 11:00 a.m.
What’s new in 2018?
- The parade marshall will be Olympic Snowboarder Mark McMorris.
Do I need a ticket to spectate?
- You do not need a ticket to spectate the parade. It is recommended that you arrive early to obtain a spot along the parade route. Some spectators arrive at 6:00 a.m.! Admission to Stampede Park from 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. will be FREE! Regular admission rates go into effect after 1:30 p.m.
Will there be a lineup?
- Possibly. Lineups into Stampede park can depend on many factors: admission deals, headlining acts, CTrain traffic, etc.
What time do I need to arrive?
- It is recommended to arrive early to reserve a spot to watch the parade. Spectators tend to reserve their seating at around 6:00 a.m. Admission to Stampede Park is open 11:00 a.m. – midnight.
Can I bring my stroller?
Can I bring non-alcoholic beverages?
- Yes. Non-alcoholic beverages are permitted on Stampede Park and in all our venues.
Can I purchase alcoholic beverages at this event?
- Alcoholic beverages are not sold during the Stampede Parade. Not all areas on Stampede Park are licensed for alcohol, but some venues will be open and serving alcohol.
Can I bring my service animal?
- Yes. Providing your service animal has the appropriate registration. Please see our service animal guidelines here.
Can I bring my camera?
- Yes. Cameras for personal use are permitted.