What is the Nutrien Ag-tivity in the City?
- With engaging agricultural attractions and free, fun-packed activities and presentations, there’s something for everyone in Ag-tivity in the City located in the Nutrien Western Event Centre and Agriculture barns, known as the agriculture zone.
- Urban meets rural at Ag-tivity in the City and provides an informative and entertaining celebration of agriculture for young and old alike. This program showcases the experts in agriculture, helping you find out what is in your food!
Nutrien Seed Survivor
- Plant yourself in Seed Survivor and discover the elements you'll need to grow healthy plants. Team up to try your hand at virtual farming with the Nutrients of Life game, or plant a sunflower seed to take home and grow. This fun, interactive display features multi-media and virtual reality computer games, talking walls and much more.
Country Critters in the Agriculture Barn
- Don't miss the Country Critters area in the historic Agriculture Barn where you can meet a wide variety of friendly animals and participate in free and fun activities such as cow milking, playing in a cleaned grain "sand box", and other real-live farm activities.
Milk & Cookies Shack by Alberta Milk
- Learn where milk comes from — and then sit and rest, while enjoying this ultimate refreshing snack offered at just $2.00. It is the best food deal on park! Located in the Ag Zone
Ag-Tivity Agriculture Ambassadors
- Take a tour of the AgZone! Our Ag Ambassadors lead barn tours daily from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. during the Stampede, meeting in front of the Nutrien Western Events Center. Friendly and knowledgeable guides provide information the agriculture industry and Calgary Stampede History, and are happy to answer questions. Our Ambassadors speak a variety of languages and have big smiles that mean "friend" in every language.
- Our little cabin in the Ag Zone will give you a feel for the rudimentary conditions that pioneers endured to settle the west. It was a time of hard work, but women found time to use their skills and creative ability to handcraft quilts, weave cloth, spin wool, crochet or make toys. Relive these experiences and see firsthand how these tasks were performed. Stop by the Heritage Cabin located in Country Trail.
Where is the event held?
- In the Nutrien Western Event Centre & Agriculture Barns.
Dates and Schedule
|July 6-15, 2018||Park open – 9:00 p.m.|
(opens early on special days)
|Nutrien Western Event Centre & Agriculture Barns|
Do I need a ticket to spectate?
- No, these activations are included with admission.
Will there be a lineup?
- Not likely. These are activations so people will be coming and going throughout the day.
Where is the closest accessible parking?
- There are two accessible parking lots of equal distance from the Nutrien Western Event Centre. One is located south of the Erlton Gates in Lot 8 and the other is located northeast of the BMO Centre in Lot 10.
Can I bring my stroller?
- Yes. You can take your stroller to the Nutrien Western Event Centre.
Can I bring non-alcoholic beverages?
- Yes. Non-alcoholic beverages are permitted on Stampede Park and in all our venues.
Can I purchase alcoholic beverages at this event?
Can I bring my service animal?
- Yes. Providing your service animal has the appropriate registration. Please see our service animal guidelines here.
Can I bring my camera?
- Yes. Cameras for personal use are permitted.