What is the Calgary Stampede Zip Line
- The Calgary Stampede zip line is a new attraction this year. It will be the tallest, longest, multi-point urban zip line structure in North America. Guests will be able to ride the zip line from the Grandstand Courtyard, to the BMO Centre, ending off in the Kids’ Midway/FUNtier
Where is the event held?
- The take-off tower will be located in the Grandstand Courtyard. The middle tower will be located at the BMO Centre Plaza and the end tower (final point) will be located in the Kid’s Midways/FUNtier.
Dates and Schedule
|July 6-15, 2018||11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.||Grandstand Courtyard|
|July 8, 2018 (Family Day)||9:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.||Grandstand Courtyard|
|July 11, 2018 (BMO Kids’ Day)||10:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.||Grandstand Courtyard|
|July 5, 2018 (Sneak-a-Peek)||5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.||Grandstand Courtyard|
Is there a cost to ride the zip line?
- Yes, there is a cost of $50 per person
- No refunds will be offered
Where can I purchase a ticket to ride the zip line?
- There are two locations where tickets will be sold for the zip line
- One location will be at the Thrill Zone ticket booth. This will be located in the middle of Lot 3 near the Monster Energy Compound
- The other location will be in the Grandstand Courtyard ticket booth located at the North End of the ticket office
Are there any weight restrictions to use the zip line?
- Guests must weigh a minimum of 65lbs to a maximum allowable weight of 250lbs
What am I not allowed to bring with me on the zip line?
- Cell phones and cameras for pictures and selfie sticks will not be permitted to be carried on the zip line
- There will be a coat check for guests’ loose items in the Grandstand Courtyard base camp
How long is the zip-line?
- Each line (from tower to tower) is just over 1,000ft long.
- There are 4 zip lines per section
Which tower do I enter the zip line from?
- Guests will start the zip line from the Grandstand Courtyard tower
- The BMO Plaza tower is for landing and middle take-off
- The Kids’ Midway/FUNtier tower is for landing only
How do I get to the top of the tower?
- As there is no elevator, all guests going on the zip line will be required to walk up the stairs to get to the launch platform
How tall are each of the towers?
- The Grandstand Courtyard tower which is the highest tower is at a 135ft
- The BMO Plaza tower is at 125ft
1. Guests with medical conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, back or neck problems or who have had a recent injury should consult a physician before ziplining.
2. Not recommended for pregnant women.
3. The use of drugs and alcohol is strictly prohibited on the ride.
4. No smoking.
5. Guests must be a minimum of 35kgs (75 lbs) to participate. Maximum weight is 113 kgs (250 lbs).
6. Minimum and maximum weight restrictions are in place for guest's safety.
7. You must sign a waiver to ride the zipline.
8. All guests under 18 years of age will require the signature of a parent or guardian.
9. Follow the instructions of the guides at all times.
10. Do not adjust or loosen your harness & helmet. Please ask your guide for assistance if you would like help adjusting the fit.
11. Stairs and platforms may be slippery. Please use caution.
12. Do not reach for or touch the zipline cable or pulley.
13. The ride may close unexpectedly.