What is Showbands Live?
- Showbands Live – Marching Showbands Competition
- Hundreds of youth working together in rhythm and showmanship to present unique memorable performances.
Where is the event held?
What’s new in 2018?
- This year, seven bands will perform in competition or exhibition.
Dates and schedule
- Preliminaries – Sunday, July 8, 2018 – 3:30 p.m.
- Finals – Tuesday, July 10, 2018 – 6 p.m.
Do I need a ticket to spectate?
- Admission is only $5.
- Ages 17 and under and 65 and over are admitted FREE.
- Calgary Stampede volunteers are admitted FREE.
- Grandstand and Rodeo ticket stub holders are admitted FREE.
- Premium Seating upgrades are available at the event for $10
What time do I need to arrive?
- Doors open to the public one-half hour before start time.
- Enter via NW corner of McMahon Stadium.
Is accessible seating available?
Where is the closest accessible parking?
- West side of McMahon Stadium.
Can I bring my stroller?
- Strollers are not recommended.
Can I bring non-alcoholic beverages?
- YES. Non-breakable water bottles for personal use are allowed. McMahon Stadium concessions will be open with a selection of non-alcoholic beverages, available for purchase.
Can I purchase alcoholic beverages at this event?
- NO. McMahon Stadium concessions will be open with a selection of non-alcoholic beverages, available for purchase.
Can I bring my service animal?
- YES. As per McMahon Stadium policy.
Can I Bring my Camera?
- YES. Take lots of photos and share them via social media #ShowbandsLive
- Visiting Bands Committee