What is the Hitchin’ Post?
- The Hitchin’ Post is a Calgary Stampede food and beverage venue located in the infield of the Grandstand.
- Enjoy a cold beer and a BBQ’d Gourmet Chuck Burger
- Enjoy the live action from the incredible two-level patio
- Seating and shade with an awesome view of the last turn on the track
Where is the Hitchin’ Post located?
- In the Plains Junction Patio which is at the north end of the infield of the Grandstand.
Hours of Operation
- July 6-15, 2018 from noon to 9 p.m.
- The infield closes when the Chuckwagon races end as we will be preparing for the Calgary Stampede Grandstand Show and fireworks
- All guests must exit by 10 p.m.
Do I need a ticket?
- During the rodeo, you must have an infield ticket to access the Hitchin’ Post.
- During the GMC Rangeland Derby, any guest with an evening show or rush chuckwagon ticket can access the Hitchin’ Post.
How do I get to the Hitchin’ Post?
- Guests can access the Hitchin’ Post through the pedestrian tunnel to the infield seating area. The tunnel entrance is at the north end of the tarmac (concrete area between the track and the Grandstand seating). Look for the stairs down to the tunnel along the rail of the track.
Is there accessible access?
- During the rodeo there is a track crossing at the north end of the tarmac. There is a wooden platform which can be used for wheelchairs that would cross the track at ground level.
- During the chuckwagon races, wheelchairs can cross the track before the chuckwagons start and then again after the chuckwagons end. This crossing is at ground level and is through the dirt on the track. Alternatively, guests can take the vehicle tunnel around, however that route is quite a distance.
- At the Hitchin’ Post bar, there is full accessibility.
What is the menu?
What forms of payment are accepted in this venue?
- Stampede Bucks
- Calgary Stampede Food & Beverage Vouchers
Are minors permitted?
- Minors are permitted when accompanied by a parent or guardian.