What the Miniature Donkey Showcase?
- These little Jennets and Jacks have a ton of personality, and their easy-going, gentle nature makes them great pets.
- Throughout the four days of this year’s Calgary Stampede you will witness several demonstrations where exhibitors will put their miniature donkeys through challenging trail courses, including bridges, pylons, jumps and ropes.
- Following each demonstration you will have the opportunity to meet the minis and learn why they are one of the most popular animals on Park!
- Watch this video from 2011 to learn more!
Where is the Event Held?
- In the Northern Lights Arena.
Dates and Schedule
|July 5, 2019||5 p.m.||Northern Lights Arena||30 minute demonstration|
|July 6, 2019||5 p.m.||Northern Lights Arena||30 minute demonstration|
|July 7, 2019||5 p.m.||Northern Lights Arena||30 minute demonstration|
|July 8, 2018||12 p.m. and 5 p.m.||Northern Lights Arena||30 minute demonstration|
Do I need a ticket to spectate?
- No. Seating is on a first come-first served basis.
Will there be a lineup?
- Possibly. As all seats for competitions and shows in the Northern Lights Arena are first come-first served, depending on the popularity of the event, there might be a line-up.
What time do I need to arrive?
- To increase the possibility of guaranteeing a seat, we recommend arriving 30 minutes before the start of the event.
Is accessible seating available?
Where is the closest accessible parking?
- There are two accessible parking lots of equal distance from the Nutrien Western Event Centre. One is located south of the Erlton Gates in Lot 8 and the other is located northeast of the BMO Centre in Lot 10.
Can I bring my stroller?
- Yes. Unsupervised stroller parking is also available.
Can I bring non-alcoholic beverages?
- Yes. Non-alcoholic beverages are permitted on Stampede Park and in all our venues.
Can I purchase alcoholic beverages at this event?
Can I bring my service animal?
- Yes. Providing your service animal has the appropriate registration. Please see our service animal guidelines here.
Can I bring my camera?
- Yes. Cameras for personal use are permitted.
For more information on rules and Calgary Stampede Blacksmith Competition Committee please visit the Calgary Stampede 2018 Miniature Donkey Website.