What is Bull Riding?
- Cowboys engage in a test of nerves against a bull.
- A thick braided bullrope, complete with handhold, is wrapped around the bull and weighed down by a cowbell that allows the rope to fall when the ride is over. The rope is kept tight by the bull rider’s grip.
- He must try to keep his arm from straightening and his hand from breaking loose before the end of the ride.
- The cowboy isn’t required to move his feet—staying on is hard enough—but if he does spur, he gets higher marks.
- Watch Rodeo 101 – Bull Riding to find out more!
Where is the event held?
- The Grandstand.
Dates and schedule
|Event Dates:||July 5-14, 2019|
|Rodeo Start Time:||1:15 p.m.|
Do I need a ticket to spectate?
- Yes. Tickets can be purchased online, over the phone or on park.
- Ticketmaster Website
- Stampede Ticketing Team 1.800.661.1767
Will there be a lineup?
- Possibly. There may be a small line up to enter the Grandstand and/or to purchase food and drinks from one of the concession stands.
What time do I need to arrive?
- We recommend arriving 30 minutes to one hour before the start of the rodeo. The Grandstand opens for entry at noon and doors remain open throughout the event for late entry.
Is accessible seating available?
- Yes. To purchase accessible seating tickets please follow the link or above or call our Ticket Office at 1.800.661.1767
- Accessible seating in the Grandstand is located in front of Section 114 and Section 105.
- There is a ramp access to these seats.
Where is the closest accessible parking?
- Erlton Gate is the closest to the Grandstand.
- There is accessible parking available in Parking Lot 8 located south of the Erlton LRT Station.
Can I bring my stroller?
- Yes. The Grandstand has a stroller check located outside of the Main Entrance of the Grandstand.
Can I bring non-alcoholic beverages?
- Yes. Non-alcoholic beverages are permitted on Stampede Park and in all our venues.
Can I purchase alcoholic beverages at the rodeo?
- Yes. Alcoholic beverages are available for purchase in the Grandstand.
Can I bring my service animal?
- Yes. Providing your service animal has the appropriate registration. Please see our service animal guidelines here.
Can I bring my camera?
- Yes. Providing your camera is not considered a professional camera.