What is Junior Steer Riding?
- Junior riders, aged 11–14, compete on wirey bovines.
- As in other roughstock events, half of the score is awarded for the cowboy’s ability to ride, and the other for the stock’s ability to buck.
- Contestants are allowed to ride with one or both hands. If they elect to ride one-handed they’ll have to abide by the rules of bull riding—they’ll be disqualified for touching the animal or themselves, or for grabbing with both hands during the eight seconds.
- The top six compete in the finals.
- Watch the Roving Reporter interview a 2016 competitor to find out more!
Where is the event held?
- The Grandstand.
Dates and schedule
|Event Dates:||July 5-14, 2019|
|Rodeo Start Time:||1:15 p.m.|
Do I need a ticket to spectate?
- Yes. Tickets can be purchased online, over the phone or on park.
- Ticketmaster Website
- Stampede Ticketing Team 1.800.661.1767
Will there be a lineup?
- Possibly. There may be a small line up to enter the Grandstand and/or to purchase food and drinks from one of the concession stands.
What time do I need to arrive?
We recommend arriving 30 minutes to one hour before the start of the rodeo. The Grandstand opens for entry at noon and doors remain open throughout the event for late entry.
Is accessible seating available?
- Yes. To purchase accessible seating tickets please follow the link or above or call our Ticket Office at 1.800.661.1767
- Accessible seating in the Grandstand is located in front of Section 114 and Section 105.
- There is a ramp access to these seats.
Where is the closest accessible parking?
- Erlton Gate is the closest to the Grandstand.
- There is accessible parking available in Parking Lot 8 located south of the Erlton LRT Station.
Can I bring my stroller?
- Yes. The Grandstand has a stroller check located outside of the Main Entrance of the Grandstand.
Can I bring non-alcoholic beverages?
- Yes. Non-alcoholic beverages are permitted on Stampede Park and in all our venues.
Can I purchase alcoholic beverages at the rodeo?
- Yes. Alcoholic beverages are available for purchase in the Grandstand.
Can I bring my service animal?
- Yes. Providing your service animal has the appropriate registration. Please see our service animal guidelines here.
Can I bring my camera?
- Yes. Providing your camera is not considered a professional camera.