What is Steer Wrestling?
- It’s cowboys vs. the clock in this event which requires coordination and strength.
- The steer wrestler waits behind a rope barrier.
- When he gives the nod, the steer is released and gets a 12-ft. head start.
- The cowboy chases the steer, then drops from his horse and grabs its horns to bring it to a halt.
- The steer must be on its feet before being rolled to the ground.
- Once on its side with all legs extended, the official time is taken.
- An extra horse, ridden by a hazer, is required to keep the steer running straight.
- Watch What is Steer Wrestling to find out more!
Where is the event held?
- The Grandstand.
Dates and schedule
|Event Dates:||July 6–15, 2018|
|Rodeo Start Time:||1:15 p.m.|
Do I need a ticket to spectate?
- Yes. Tickets can be purchased online, over the phone or on park.
- Ticketmaster Website
Will there be a lineup?
- Possibly. There may be a small line up to enter the Grandstand and/or to purchase food and drinks from one of the concession stands.
What time do I need to arrive?
- We recommend arriving 30 minutes to one hour before the start of the rodeo. The Grandstand opens for entry at noon and doors remain open throughout the event for late entry.
Is accessible seating available?
- Yes. To purchase accessible seating tickets please follow the link or above or call our Ticket Office at 1.800.661.1767
- Accessible seating in the Grandstand is located in front of Section 114 and Section 105.
- There is a ramp access to these seats.
Where is the closest accessible parking?
- Erlton Gate is the closest to the Grandstand.
- There is accessible parking available in Parking Lot 8 located south of the Erlton LRT Station.
Can I bring my stroller?
- Yes. The Grandstand has an unsupervised designated storage area for strollers located on the Main Floor.
Can I bring non-alcoholic beverages?
- Yes. Non-alcoholic beverages are permitted on Stampede Park and in all our venues.
Can I purchase alcoholic beverages at the rodeo?
- Yes. Alcoholic beverages are available for purchase in the Grandstand.
Can I bring my service animal?
- Yes. Providing your service animal has the appropriate registration. Please see our service animal guidelines here.
Can I bring my camera?
- Yes. Providing your camera is not considered a professional camera.