What is Tie-Down Roping?
- In Tie-Down Roping, the cowboy and his equine partner re-create one of ranching’s oldest tasks, roping and tying an animal.
- Speed, skill and finesse are key in this event.
- The cowboy waits behind a rope barrier. When he gives the nod, the calf is released and gets a 10-ft. head start. The cowboy must quickly rope the calf, dismount on the run to reach it, turn it on its side and tie three of its legs.
- While the roper makes the tie his horse keeps the rope taut.
- Time is called when the cowboy throws his hands in the air.
- Watch What is Tie-Down Roping? To learn more!
Where is the event held?
- The Grandstand.
Dates and schedule
|Event Dates:||July 6–15, 201|
|Rodeo Start Time:||1:15 p.m.|
Do I need a ticket to spectate?
- Yes. Tickets can be purchased online, over the phone or on park.
- Ticketmaster Website
Will there be a lineup?
- Possibly. There may be a small line up to enter the Grandstand and/or to purchase food and drinks from one of the concession stands.
What time do I need to arrive?
- We recommend arriving 30 minutes to one hour before the start of the rodeo. The Grandstand opens for entry at noon and doors remain open throughout the event for late entry.
Is accessible seating available?
- Yes. To purchase accessible seating tickets please follow the link or above or call our Ticket Office at 1.800.661.1767
- Accessible seating in the Grandstand is located in front of Section 114 and Section 105.
- There is a ramp access to these seats.
Where is the closest accessible parking?
- Erlton Gate is the closest to the Grandstand.
- There is accessible parking available in Parking Lot 8 located south of the Erlton LRT Station.
Can I bring my stroller?
- Yes. The Grandstand has an unsupervised designated storage area for strollers located on the Main Floor.
Can I bring non-alcoholic beverages?
- Yes. Non-alcoholic beverages are permitted on Stampede Park and in all our venues.
Can I purchase alcoholic beverages at the rodeo?
- Yes. Alcoholic beverages are available for purchase in the Grandstand.
Can I bring my service animal?
- Yes. Providing your service animal has the appropriate registration. Please see our service animal guidelines here.
Can I bring my camera?
- Yes. Providing your camera is not considered a professional camera.