What is the Blacksmith Showcase and Blacksmith Classic?
- Ten days of forging demonstrations, horseshoeing, and other practical and artistic blacksmithing techniques.
- Audiences connect these skills with the maintenance and health of horses and the trade and art of metal work.
- The Calgary Stampede Blacksmith Classic is a 3 day invitational competition where competitors are judged on their skill, accuracy and speed with forging horse shoes and nails.
- Watch highlights from the 2017 Calgary Stampede Blacksmith Classic.
Where is the event held?
Dates and schedule
July 5-14th, 2019
9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
July 5th, 2019
11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Northern Lights Arena
Shoeing and Forging Demonstrations
July 10th, 2019
9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Do I need a ticket to spectate?
- No. Seating is on a first come-first served basis.
Will there be a lineup?
- Possibly. As all seats for competitions and shows in the Nutrien Western Event Centre are first come-first served, depending on the popularity of the event, there might be a line-up.
What time do I need to arrive?
- To increase the possibility of guaranteeing a seat, we recommend arriving 30 minutes before the start of the event.
Is accessible seating available?
- Yes. There is an elevator located in the rotunda. This will take you to the upper bowl of the arena where designated accessible seating is available.
Where is the closest accessible parking?
- There are two accessible parking lots of equal distance from the Nutrien Western Event Centre. One is located south of the Erlton Gates in Lot 8 and the other is located northeast of the BMO Centre in Lot 10.
Can I bring my stroller?
- Yes. You can take your stroller to the Nutrien Western Event Centre where there will be a designated unsupervised area to store your stroller while watching the event.
Can I bring non-alcoholic beverages?
- Yes. Non-alcoholic beverages are permitted on Stampede Park and in all our venues.
Can I purchase alcoholic beverages at this event?
- Yes. Beer and wine will be available for purchase.
Can I bring my service animal?
- Yes. Providing your service animal has the appropriate registration. Please see our service animal guidelines here.
Can I bring my camera?
- Yes. Cameras for personal use are permitted.
For more information on schedule, entry fees, awards, rules and Calgary Stampede Blacksmith Competition Committee please visit the Calgary Stampede 2019 Blacksmith Showcase and Classic Website.