What is the International Livestock Auctioneer Championship?
- Livestock auctioneers from around the world compete against one another and are judged on rhythm, timing and livestock knowledge to determine the best of the competition.
- Contestants will start the bidding at the Olds Auction Mart in Olds, Alberta, with the top 10 advancing to the final round on Park on Saturday, July 14, 2018.
- The fastest mouths in the west will be vying to win the $10,000 cheque that goes to the winner!
- Watch the 2017 winner, Rimbey Alberta's own Dean Edge here.
Where is the event held?
- In the Nutrien Western Event Centre.
Dates and schedule
July 12, 2018
10 a.m. start
July 13, 2018
Nutrien Western Event Centre
11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Do I need a ticket to spectate?
- No. Seating is on a first come-first served basis.
Will there be a lineup?
- Possibly. As all seats for competitions and shows in the Nutrien Western Event Centre are first come-first served, depending on the popularity of the event, there might be a line-up.
What time do I need to arrive?
- To increase the possibility of guaranteeing a seat, we recommend arriving 30 minutes before the start of the event.
Is accessible seating available?
- Yes. There is an elevator located in the rotunda. This will take you to the upper bowl of the arena where designated accessible seating is available.
Where is the closest accessible parking?
- There are two accessible parking lots of equal distance from the Nutrien Western Event Centre. One is located south of the Erlton Gates in Lot 8 and the other is located northeast of the BMO Centre in Lot 10.
Can I bring my stroller?
- Yes. You can take your stroller to the Nutrien Western Event Centre where there will be a designated unsupervised area to store your stroller while watching the event.
Can I bring non-alcoholic beverages?
- Yes. Non-alcoholic beverages are permitted on Stampede Park and in all our venues.
Can I purchase alcoholic beverages at this event?
- Yes. Beer and wine will be available for purchase.
Can I bring my service animal?
- Yes. Providing your service animal has the appropriate registration. Please see our service animal guidelines here.
Can I bring my camera?
- Yes. Cameras for personal use are permitted.
What is the Prize Purse?
- Champion - $10,000 and a custom designed belt buckle (Highest prize money for a livestock auctioneer competition in the world!)
- Reserve Champion - $2,000 and a custom designed belt buckle
- Third - $1,000
- Fourth - $500
- Fifth thru Tenth - $350
- The top Rookie will be awarded a custom designed belt buckle.
- This is an actual sale of animals that are contributed by Canadian ranchers. Each finalist will sell five drafts including one brand consignment animal and one other consignment.
- The finalist selling order will be done on a draw basis, which will be made immediately following the Preliminary Round.
How Do I Enter?
The entry fee is $350.00 Canadian Funds (non-refundable).
All entry fees will be allocated to prize money, G.S.T. not applicable. Facsimiled entries will be accepted if accompanied with complete credit card information. Entry forms must be filled in completely.
- Entry Closing Date: June 11, 2018 4:00 PM
- Julie Garvey, Agriculture Programming Manager.
For additional information such as schedule, entry fees, awards and rules, please check out the 2018 International Livestock Auctioneer Championships Website.