What is the Vintage Tractor Pull?
- Restored vintage tractors, built in 1960 or earlier, compete by pulling a weighted sled in six different weight classes in this popular invitational event.
- The winners are determined by the highest aggregate score over four pulls.
- This is a video from the 2017 Calgary Stampede.
Where is the event held?
- In the Northern Light Arena in the Nutrien Western Event Centre.
What’s new in 2018?
- This event was previously in the Scotiabank Saddledome and has moved to a new location
Dates and schedule
|July 7||6:00 p.m.||Northern Lights Arena|
|July 8||7:00 p.m.||Nutrien Western Event Centre|
Do I need a ticket to spectate?
- No. Seating is on a first come-first served basis.
Will there be a lineup?
- Possibly. As all seats for competitions and shows in the Nutrien Western Event Centre are first come-first served, depending on the popularity of the event, there might be a line-up.
What time do I need to arrive?
- To increase the possibility of guaranteeing a seat, we recommend arriving 30 minutes before the start of the event.
Is accessible seating available?
- Yes. There is an elevator located in the rotunda. This will take you to the upper bowl of the arena where designated accessible seating is available.
Where is the closest accessible parking?
- There are two accessible parking lots of equal distance from the Nutrien Western Event Centre. One is located south of the Erlton Gates in Lot 8 and the other is located northeast of the BMO Centre in Lot 10.
Can I bring my stroller?
- Yes. You can take your stroller to the Nutrien Western Event Centre where there will be a designated unsupervised area to store your stroller while watching the event.
Can I bring non-alcoholic beverages?
- Yes. Non-alcoholic beverages are permitted on Stampede Park and in all our venues.
Can I purchase alcoholic beverages at this event?
- Yes. Beer and wine will be available for purchase in the Nutrien Western Event Centre only.
Can I bring my service animal?
- Yes. Providing your service animal has the appropriate registration. Please see our service animal guidelines here.
Can I bring my camera?
- Yes. Cameras for personal use are permitted.