What Is This?
- The Calgary Stampede’s iconic Grandstand Show has been a spectacular part of the Stampede experience for decades.
- We have spent 50 years developing the most technically impressive show of its kind in the world - and audiences will see the best in projections, screens, sound, lasers, and water effects, culminating in a fireworks display worthy of the next 50 years.
Where is the Event Held?
- The Grandstand
What's New for 2018?
- The Grandstand Show’s 50th Birthday
- Appearing for his record setting 7th time is comedian and ventriloquist Ronn Lucas with his hilarious trunk of puppets including Buffalo Billy.
- Drew Lynch, a young comedian straight from America’s Got Talent, who combines a heartfelt personal story with full on belly laughs that is nothing short of a comic triumph.
- Illusionist Darcy Oake will be handcuffed and suspended in chains 50 feet above the stage. He will then have 45 seconds to free himself before he is dropped into an bear trap set on stage.
- A guest appearance by Eddie the Eagle will remind us of how proud we were to host the world in the 88 Olympics.
- Canadian singing legend Andy Kim will bring us back to the year that started it all, 1968.
- The Young Canadians - are creating their biggest, most enthusiastic show ever.
Schedule and Times
- July 5, 2018 - Grandstand Show only (No GMC Rangeland Derby) - private event, there are no tickets sold for this night
- July 6 - 15, 2018 - GMC Rangeland Derby and Grandstand Show
- 6:30 p.m. - Grandstand Opens
- 6:30 p.m. - Concessions Open
- 7:45p.m. - GMC Rangeland Derby Pre-Show (explanation of chuckwagon races and National anthem)
- 8 p.m. - Chuckwagon Races Start - appox. 90 minute duration
- 9:50 p.m. - Grandstand Show Starts - approx. 70 minute duration
- 10:50 p.m. - Fireworks Start
- 11 p.m. - Grandstand Show Ends
***Please see Premium Venues for times for ranahans, The Lazy S, Infield Suites and 30X Saloon.***