What Is This?
- The Calgary Stampede’s iconic Grandstand Show has been a spectacular part of the Stampede experience for decades.
- his year’s show takes inspiration from the travelling shows of the early 20th century, recreating the excitement and wild spectacle of the era and hurtling it into the 21st century on the most technologically advanced outdoor stage in the world
- Trailblazer will take audiences on a one of a kind adventure led by our show master Onalea, accompanied by the Polyjesters - her travelling band of musical pirates
- All of this, featuring The Young Canadians of the Calgary Stampede and culminating in our world-famous fireworks.
Where is the Event Held?
- The Grandstand
What's New for 2019
- With Bell Canada as the new title sponsor of the Bell Grandstand Show, the audience will see a more interactive program allowing them to participate in the pre-show while using their smartphones to enhance their entire experience
- Stampede has wired the grandstand with complimentary Wi-Fi
- July 5, 2018 - Grandstand Show only (No GMC Rangeland Derby) - private event, there are no tickets sold for this night
- July 6 - 15, 2018 - GMC Rangeland Derby and Grandstand Show
6:30 p.m. - Grandstand Opens
6:30 p.m. - Concessions Open
7:45p.m. - GMC Rangeland Derby Pre-Show (explanation of chuckwagon races and National anthem)
8 p.m. - Chuckwagon Races Start - appox. 90 minute duration
9:50 p.m. - Grandstand Show Starts - approx. 70 minute duration
10:50 p.m. - Fireworks Start
11 p.m. - Grandstand Show Ends
***Please see Premium Venues for times for ranahans, The Lazy S, Infield Suites and 30X Saloon.***
Do I need a ticket to spectate?
- Yes. Tickets can be purchased online, over the phone or on park.
- Ticketmaster Website
- Stampede Ticketing Team 1.800.661.1767
Will there be a lineup?
- Possibly. There may be a small line up to enter the Grandstand and/or to purchase food and drinks from one of the concession stands.
What time do I need to arrive?
- We recommend arriving 30 minutes to one hour before the start of the rodeo. The Grandstand opens for entry at noon and doors remain open throughout the event for late entry.
Is accessible seating available?
- Yes. To purchase accessible seating tickets please follow the link or above or call our Ticket Office at 1.800.661.1767
- Accessible seating in the Grandstand is located in front of Section 114 and Section 105.
- There is a ramp access to these seats.
Where is the closest accessible parking?
- Erlton Gate is the closest to the Grandstand.
- There is accessible parking available in Parking Lot 8 located south of the Erlton LRT Station.
Can I bring my stroller?
- Yes. The Grandstand has a stroller check located outside of the Main Entrance of the Grandstand.
Can I bring non-alcoholic beverages?
- Yes. Non-alcoholic beverages are permitted on Stampede Park and in all our venues.
Can I purchase alcoholic beverages at the rodeo?
- Yes. Alcoholic beverages are available for purchase in the Grandstand.
Can I bring my service animal?
- Yes. Providing your service animal has the appropriate registration. Please see our service animal guidelines here.
Can I bring my camera?
- Yes. Providing your camera is not considered a professional camera.